Hey there! We’re so glad that you’ve decided to embrace your wellness and join the R+R community. We’ve got hundreds of helpful articles on natural living and holistic wellness… but we know it can be overwhelming to figure out where to start.
Enjoy this start here guide to help you navigate Root + Revel if it’s your first time here!
Heal Your Body
We always think it’s helpful to start at the beginning. So be sure to check out the Story Behind Root + Revel and how Kate, our founder, healed her body naturally. We’re all about living naturally, without sacrifice here, with a particular focus on complete holistic health and wellbeing.
Here are a few healing essential guides:
- Step-by-Step Guide: How to Reverse PCOS, Leaky Gut + Insulin Resistance
- How To Heal Leaky Gut + Cure IBS Naturally
- Natural Treatments for Hypothyroidism
- Is There a Cure for PCOS? How to Manage PCOS Once You’re in “Remission”
- How to Naturally Heal Adrenal Fatigue
- How to Strengthen Your Immune System
- How to Treat Diabetes Naturally + Reduce Medications
- How to Treat Hashimoto’s Disease, Naturally
When used correctly, natural supplements and remedies can SUPERCHARGE YOUR HEALING and, quite honestly, work some serious miracles!
- Supplements to Reverse PCOS + Balance Hormones
- 4 Myths About Probiotic Supplements
- How to Find an Integrative or Functional Medicine Doctor
- Ultimate Guide to Your Microbiome
- Natural Remedies for Common Illnesses
- What is Collagen? The Complete Guide to Collagen Supplements
- 10 Ways to Stay Healthy During Cold + Flu Season
- Ultimate Guide: How to Pick a Prenatal Vitamin
- The Best At-Home Health Tests
Let’s talk about food! We follow intuitive eating, an evidence-based model and self-care eating framework integrating instinct, emotion, and rational thought that ultimately teaches you how to be the expert of your body, rather than leaning on outside rules to make your eating decisions. Intuitive eating does not mean ignoring health; rather, it’s recognizing that nutrition and health are NOT a one-size-fits-all approach.
Intrigued? Read this Q&A with an Intuitive Eating Nutritionist, and then check out Why Diets Don’t Work + What to Do Instead and How Intuitive Eating and the Anti-Inflammatory Can Co-Exist.
Here are more posts about healthy food and cooking:
- Butcher Box Review: Is It Really Worth It?
- Top 9 Healthy, Organic + Sustainable Meat Delivery Services (with discount codes!)
- Why You Should Drink Natural, Biodynamic and Organic Wine
- 30 Ways to Save Money + Eat Healthy on a Budget
- 25 Ways to Save Time + Be Healthy
- How to Stock a Healthy Fridge
- How to Stock a Healthy Pantry
- 20 Kitchen Items Everyone Needs
- Animal Welfare Guide: Decoding Food Labels + Certifications
- Thrive Market Review + Shopping List
- The Best Healthy Meal Kit Delivery Service
- The Best Smoothie Delivery Companies
And, of course, we’ve got dozens of nourishing recipes on Root + Revel to help you get started!
By now, you’re probably starting to get the hang of our philosophy here at R+R: we take a truly holistic approach to achieve true wellbeing, because health is not just about your body, the foods you eat, or exercising. It’s also your mindset, how you take care of yourself, how you manage your emotions, what kind of relationships you have in your life–it’s the ALL of it!
First, you have GOT to prioritize self-care. Stop saying “I don’t have the time” and take 5 minutes RIGHT NOW to choose something from our 50 Ways to Practice Self Care List that you will commit to doing TODAY.
Here are some other wellness tips to explore:
- How Balancing Hunger Hormones Can Help You Find Peace with Food
- 13 Ways to Reduce Stress + Anxiety
- 5 Secrets to Love Your Body
- The 90 Best Monthly Subscription Boxes For a Healthy Lifestyle
- What is Red Light Therapy? Health Benefits + Best Devices
- 9 Tips for How to Get Better Sleep, Naturally!
- Meditation Benefits (and the Easiest Technique That Works for Anyone)
- The Best Fun + Motivational Workout Videos
- Simplify Your Life: How to Become a Minimalist
- How Blue Light Glasses Improve Sleep, Energy + Health
Do you pay attention to what you put on your body, not just in your body? Start with this post: the top 10 most toxic ingredients to avoid. If there’s one ingredient we could caution you the most about, it’s fragrance. Learn all about the Dangers of Fragrance and Perfume here.
For the green beauty lover, these are for you:
- Beautycounter Review: The Best (+ Worst) Products
- Top 40 Online Beauty Stores
- 105 Natural Beauty Products That Actually Work
- 25 Cruelty-Free Brands + Products
- Founder Kate’s Green Beauty Routine
- The 20 Best Natural Beauty Products on Amazon
- 105 Natural Beauty Products That Actually Work
- A Nighttime Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin
- The Best Natural Perfume + Fragrance Brands
- The Best Natural Hair Care Products + Tips
- The Best Natural Acne Treatments + Products
- The Best Natural Skincare Backed By Science
- 13 Ways to Smell Good Naturally
- More of a DIYer? 10 Easy + Affordable DIY Beauty Recipes
Detox Your Home
If you want to up your eco-friendly game, check out some of our green home posts, like:
- Green Living Guide: 7 Ways to Transition to a Non-Toxic Life
- The Best Indoor Air Purifiers + Filters
- Ultimate Guide: Organic Mattresses + Natural Bedding
- How to Make Your Home Smell Good Naturally
- Founder Kate’s Green Cleaning Routine
- 12 Things You Need for a Safe, Healthy + Eco-Friendly Home
- Smart Home Security Guide to Reduce Stress
- Water Filtration Guide: The Dangers of Tap Water + Bottled Water
- The Best Essential Oil Diffusers + 7 Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
- More of a DIYer? 12 DIY Cleaning Recipes
Women’s Fertility + Menstrual Cycles
Hormonal balance, women’s menstrual cycles, and fertility (even if you don’t want to get pregnant) are key when it comes to women’s health and wellness. Learn more here:
- The 5 Most Common Women’s Fertility Misconceptions
- When is Your Fertility Window? How to Biohack Your Cycle
- What is Cycle Syncing? How to Sync Your Workouts with Your Menstrual Cycles
- Fertility Treatment: Overview of Mind-Body Tools + Resources
- Women’s Health Tracking Tools to Track Periods, Increase Fertility + Balance Hormones
- 7 Reasons to Go Off The Pill: The Truth About Birth Control Pill Side Effects
- PCOS Diet for Fertility + Hormone Balance
- How to Get Pregnant with PCOS
Are you a pregnant or new mama? Congrats! Here are some of our tops tips on how to have a natural (read: non-toxic) healthy pregnancy and environment for your little ones to thrive:
- Natural Baby Nursery Design Reveal
- Baby Must Haves: What Items You Really Need (+ What You Don’t!)
- Natural Baby Products: A Non-Toxic Baby Registry Checklist
- Pregnancy Survival Guides
- What is Baby Led Weaning?
- Baby Sleep Training Methods + Advice for Newborns
Blogging Business Tips
And finally, to get super meta on you, here are some blog posts about blogging from our sister site and our founder Kate’s personal brand, Kate Kordsmeier. Learn about blogging as a business, monetizing your website, building a six-figure career working for yourself, doing what you love and helping others along the way!
If you have any questions, be sure to check our FAQ page. Otherwise, you can always email us at email@example.com.
P.S. Did you know Kate wrote an eBook for her beloved Root + Revel readers? Superfood Green Smoothies was truly a labor of love, a project Kate created and launched in January 2017 because she felt like she couldn’t keep the healing, magical powers of green smoothies a secret any longer! You can also join the FREE 7-Day Challenge here.