This Father's Day, gift the mindful man in your life a thoughtful, fun, creative (and still affordable!) DIY gift basket of delicious, healthy foods and natural, non-toxic personal care products–he'll love the personalized touch! Read on to get inspired to create the perfect present with our healthy and unique Father's Day gift ideas and recommendations, whether your gifting this as a wife, daughter, girlfriend, or from the kids.
This post was originally published in June 2018 and has been updated.
This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for Root + Revel to provide free content and healthy living inspiration.
This was my first year celebrating Mother's Day myself–my son Jackson was born in September 2018–and I have to say, the hubs made me feel pretty dang special with a thoughtful and personal gift.
It got me thinking–how often do we end up gifting our loved ones with something that we actually want? I know this wasn't the first time in our relationship that something like this happened (two years ago, I gifted Matt a trip to Hawaii for our anniversary, and we all know I got plenty of benefit from that!).
And those kinds of experiences are amazing gifts–last year, I gifted my own Father tickets to Hamilton, which of course, we'd go see with him as part of our “present”–but sometimes it's nice to get the special man in your life something just for him, right?
If you're stumped what to get your dad, hubby, uncle, son or friend for Father's Day, I have just the thing!
A gift basket full of customized goodies for the Mindful Man.
Who now? Mindful man? Ok, maybe there are still some selfish motives behind these gifts (is it so horrible I want my husband to live a long and healthy life chockfull of nourishing goodies?)…but really, this Father's Day gift basket is all for him, my mindful man.
To me, a mindful man is simply someone who is conscious and aware of his environment, acting with compassion and care towards himself, others and life around him.
If you're reading this post, it's likely that you're a mindful woman, and someone who deeply cares about the quality of ingredients in your food, cleaning and personal care products. Gone are the days of being naive to the toxins lurking all around us.
Whether or not the special father(s) in your life also understands the importance of using safe, non-toxic and clean products, YOU can lead by example and be a great influence to encourage and support your loved ones into living a healthier life.
And what better time for this than Father's Day, where we get to consciously celebrate the men in our life for being so extraordinary?!
This Father's Day (coming up June 16th!), instead of picking just one gift for your mindful man, how about putting together a fun collection of lots of delicious yet healthy foods and practical personal care products that he is bound to love? We've got lots of specific Father's Day gift ideas for ya–keep on reading!
Father's Day Gift Ideas
For this healthy Father's Day gift basket, I shopped at Sprouts Farmers Market, one of my favorite stores that specializes in healthy, natural and organic food and wellness products at affordable prices!
From superfoods to probiotics, homeopathic medicine to non-toxic shampoo and face wash and essential oils, Sprouts has one of the best natural wellness sections.
Everything in this awesome basket came from Sprouts, which makes putting together this gift quick and simple. No need to purchase from a variety of different e-tailers or worry about if the shipping will arrive in time. Simply hop on over to Sprouts, pick your favorite items and be on your way.
Personalized Father's Day Gift Basket:
- Dr Bronner's Shaving Soap**: Dr. Bronner's castile soap is my go-to for cleaning, from dishes to bathrooms, carpets and even my own body and hair! Their Shaving Soap is another fave–made from organic + fair-trade ingredients, this soap lathers up nicely for a perfect shave, all while leaving your skin feeling super soothed! (Bonus: works perfect for ladies too.)
- EveryOne Soap for Every Man**: EveryOne (EO) soaps are sustainable, made from non-GMO plant extracts and scented with pure esential oils; they're also cruelty-free and free of harmful parabens and synthetic fragrance.
- EO Lotion for Men**: Just like their soaps, EO lotions are made from super clean and pure ingredients, not to mention their scents smell ah-maz-ing!
- Badger Anti-Bug Balm: A must for any man who likes to spend time outdoors. Whether grilling, camping, playing sports or hanging poolside, this certified organic, 100% natural, DEET-free + petrolatum-free bug repellant smells great and works just as well!
- Badger Beard Oil**: Does your man sport a beard? This organic grooming oil conditions facial hair and skin, without any greasy after effects.
- Sprouts Salt Stone Deodorant: Made from 100% mineral salts, this natural deodorant actually delivers long lasting results.
- Gaia Herbs Male Libido Supplement: I know the name sounds a bit Viagra-esque, but rest assured, this natural supplement does much more than make your man randy. Made from botanicals like Maca, Tribulus, Horny Goat Weed, and Saw Palmetto, this formula nourishes the male body, optimizing men's health and vitality overall.
- Hope Foods Buffalo Blue Hummus: If you haven't had this buffalo flavored hummus, it's a must-try. Any man who loves chicken wings will fall in love with this healthy snack!
- Sprouts Organic Blue Corn Chips: What man (or woman) doesn't love tortilla chips? Buying organic corn is super important since nearly all non-organic corn is GMO, so make sure to get some organic chips to go with that dip.
- Surf Sweets Organic Candy: Matt may be 30 years old, but that doesn't stop him from loving candy as much as he did as a little kid. Though we try to limit our sugar intake, sometimes it's fun to indulge. This organic and allergy-free candy line is a not-so-guilty pleasure of ours. If your mindful man loves gummy bears, jelly beans, lollipops and the like, then he'll adore you for putting some Surf Sweet brand candies in his gift basket!
- Sprouts Organic Pink Salt Popcorn with Coconut Oil: Made from just 3 ingredients–organic popcorn, organic coconut oil and Himalayan pink salt–this delicious popcorn makes a perfect movie date night snack. Add in The Godfather, Star Wars or Indiana Jones and your man will be in heaven!
- Sprouts Organic Salt + Vinegar Chips: These gluten free and non-GMO chips are a perfect balance of tangy and salty, crispy and crunchy, with none of the harmful additives found in Lay's.
- Sprouts Organic Teriyaki Beef Jerky: A lot of guys love jerky, but a whole lotta jerkies have super nasty ingredients. This beef jerky is organic and nitrate-free, making it a much better option for your mindful man.
- Sprouts Thai Chili Beef Jerky: Same props here for this spicy jerky–no harmful additives and absolutely delicious.
- Wild Tonic Blackberry Mint Jun Kombucha: Does the Dad in your life have a soda addiction?This organic kombucha is super yummy, and makes a great mindful and healthy swap in place of soda or other sugary drinks.
- La Colombe Draft Latte in Vanilla and Mocha: Cold brew coffee, anyone? Treat your guy to a creamy and frothy cold brew flavored latte for a morning indulgence or afternoon pick me up.
Rather than using a girly gift basket that the Father in your life will likely toss or forget about entirely, wrap all these healthy goodies up in something they'll actually use. I opted for a veggie grill wok because what Dad doesn't love to grill?
There we have it–a Father's Day gift basket for the mindful man!
If you make your own gift basket this year, be sure to share a photo and tag me @rootandrevel on social media–I’d LOVE to see how it turned out for you!
Do you have any great Father's Day gift ideas? Share your thoughts in the comments below!