Looking for a quick, make-ahead, no-bake appetizer for your Thanksgiving gathering? This easy sweet and savory pumpkin dip comes together in just 15 minutes and will suit any crowd since it's gluten-free, keto-friendly, and easily adapted to be vegan-friendly, too!
This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for Root + Revel to provide free content and healthy living inspiration.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and you need a recipe for your upcoming Friendsgiving potluck.
You're tired of the usual sweet potato casseroles and pumpkin pies, but want to stick with some traditional fall flavors.
What to do?
I gotchyou with this creamy pumpkin dip that's a little bit sweet and a little bit savory! It may sound a little out-of-the-box at first, but trust me, this easy appetizer is going to impress your friends.
It's my take on a traditional 7-layer dip, the ones with beans, cheese, sour cream, olives, bacon, etc. that you see at Superbowl parties and outdoor BBQs.
But instead of beans, it's pumpkin. And instead of shredded cheddar, it's cream cheese. See where I'm going here? And instead of bacon… wait, there's still bacon! 😉
Here's why you're gonna love this dish:
- It's quick to prep (ready in 15 minutes!)
- No baking required (you just need to cook the bacon)
- You can make it ahead of time
- It's still seasonal and festive
- The recipe can easily be adapted to fit your dietary needs
- The presentation is beautiful
- You'll win major creativity points!
How to Make Pumpkin Dip
All the ingredients for this recipe came from my neighborhood Sprouts Farmers Market, one of my favorite places to shop for groceries and everyday household items.
Did you know 90% of the products they carry are natural or organic? For this recipe, I opted for organic whenever possible since Sprouts has its affordable in-house brand of so many organic products like pumpkin puree and cream cheese, that going organic was a no-brainer.
Even though the prices are already more in line with mainstream grocery stores like Kroger, Albertson’s, Walmart and Target (did you know that at any given time, one-third of the store is on sale?), there are so many other ways to save like with their weekly and monthly deals, app with digital coupons, and other special promos.
Go to the store locator to find a location near you, and be sure to check the ads this week for what to look for in-store right now to save money. Don’t forget to also download the app for even more savings!
Alright, once you've got your ingredients, literally all you have to do is blend the pumpkin puree with cream cheese and pumpkin pie spices. Then you simply top it with pomegranate seeds, chopped pecans, sunflower seeds, diced bacon, scallions and a rosemary garnish.
Serve with some of your favorite crackers like NutThins in Pecan flavor and wahlah, DONE!
If you're needing to accommodate a group with diverse dietary needs, this dip will hit the spot! It's already gluten-free and keto-friendly (swap Lakanto Sugar Free Syrup for maple syrup–get 15% off using the coupon code with code ROOT), but you can swap the cream cheese for vegan cream cheese if needed to go dairy-free or vegan (and obviously, swap the bacon for vegan bacon bits).
Looking for more holiday recipe inspiration?
Check out our healthy holiday menu plan here with a FREE e-cookbook!
And if you can't get enough pumpkin recipes, here are some of our favorites:
- Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Paleo Pancakes
- No Bake Energy Bites: Pumpkin Pie Protein Balls (Gluten-Free)
- Easy Pumpkin Bolognese Pasta Sauce with Mushrooms (Gluten-Free)
- Superfood Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie (Vegan)
- Pumpkin Pie Ketogenic Fat Bombs (Paleo)
What are you making for Thanksgiving this year? Let us know in the comments below!
No Bake Sweet + Savory Pumpkin Dip
- food processor
- 8 strips bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary for garnish only
- Dice 7-8 strips of bacon and cook over medium-high heat until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- In a food processor, blend cream cheese (let it come to room temperature first) with pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, and salt. Dish into a large serving bowl.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, chopped pecans, diced bacon, sliced scallions and a few sprigs of rosemary for garnish. These amounts are flexible, so add as much or as little of whatever you like. You can't screw this up 😉