Blueberries aren't just for breakfast and dessert–this savory blueberry recipe will send your taste buds soaring. Blueberry guacamole is spiked with sweet corn, heirloom tomatoes and lots of zesty spices!
Like guacamole! In this recipe, we've combined blueberries with creamy avocado, sweet roasted corn, fresh heirloom tomatoes, and lots of zesty spices for a really unique flavor combo that will send your taste buds soaring!
It tastes like summer in a bowl–all of the season's freshest, juiciest produce in one insanely nutrient-dense dish.
In fact, this recipe is bursting with Vitamin C, Potassium and Folic Acid! Plus, tons of heart-healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants.
I got the idea to pair blueberries with corn from an incredible restaurant in Atlanta called Seven Lamps. They have a seasonal hand-made pasta dish that's filled with sweet corn and blueberry puree and it was one of the most interesting and delicious plates I've ever tried.
That's the beauty of blueberries–they're so versatile and can add a perfect tart sweetness to any dish! This blueberry guacamole pairs well with tortilla chips (or honestly, just eaten by the spoonful….no judgement!) or as a topping for tacos (salmon and pork both go really well with blueberries).
Blueberry Guacamole with Roasted Corn
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup organic fire roasted corn (frozen recommended)
- 3 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries (thawed), plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped organic cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped organic basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small skillet over medium heat, saute corn in avocado oil until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, add avocado and blueberries to a large glass bowl and mash with a fork until combined. Add the reserved corn and the remaining ingredients and mix well to combine, mashing gently with a fork. Garnish with whole blueberries.
- Serve and enjoy--goes great with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos.
Photo Credit: Heidi Geldhauser
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I've linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust.