105 Non-Toxic Natural Beauty Products That Really Work
Struggling to find natural beauty products that actually work? In this post, we’ve rounded up 105 of the best clean, non-toxic beauty items that we’ve personally tested and love. From natural skincare and body care to natural makeup and hair, we’ve got your healthy beauty needs covered!
Raise your hand if you’ve ever shelled out money to try a new natural beauty product–hesitant to let go of an old favorite, but knowing that you need to upgrade your beauty arsenal to more natural and healthy products–only to be totally disappointed when you use it for the first time?
Then, you’re left with two choices: you either have to throw the product away, or let it sit in your drawer, convincing yourself that maybe you’ll try it again one day (that day which, as we know, never comes). #wishfulthinking
Not only is this money down the drain, but it’s also frustrating to waste your time and energy on products that just don’t work well.
Well girl, I totally got you. I’ve tried literally over a thousand different natural beauty products over recent years, and am now here to save you money, time and energy by recommending non-toxic, natural beauty products that actually work!
We’ve broken it down by category across natural skincare, makeup and hair so you can easily find what you need. Click below to jump to the section you want, or keep scrollin’ to see all our trusted recommendations.
But first, a tip: I highly recommend you install the FREE cash back app/browser extension, eBates, if you want to save some serious money! Get cash back credit applied in your account after you make a purchase at any participating online store. It could NOT be ANY easier to basically get free money back into your bank account!
For example, you’ll get 4% back at Goop, 4% back at Beautycounter and 10% back at Neiman Marcus–these are just some of the stores we’ve linked to in this post. Why say no to free money?
Natural Beauty Products: Skincare
- Cleansers + Makeup Remover
- Moisturizers + Oils
- Facial Serums + Treatments
- Exfoliants + Scrubs
- Sunscreen + Self-Tanner
- Bath + Body Essentials
- Oral Care
Natural Beauty Products: Makeup
- Foundations + Powder
- Tinted Moisturizers
- Blushes + Bronzers
- Lip Color
- Eyes (Shadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Brows)
- Brushes + Tools
Natural Beauty Products: Hair
Natural Beauty Products: Skincare
- Leahlani Skincare Pamplemousse Tropical Enzyme Cleansing Oil: OMG, this just might be the best treat I’ve ever given my skin! It’s naturally exfoliating, moisturizing, removes makeup and smells good enough to eat!
- Goddess Garden Erase the Day Purifying Clay Cleanser: This mineral clay pulls out the impurities from your face, leaving your skin feeling cleaned and tightened.
- Acure Organics Sensitive Cleanser: I love this brand, and this organic cleanser is perfect for all skin types, even sensitive ones.
- Andalou Naturals Coconut Water Firming Cleanser: Dry skin? Try this cleanser with vitamin C & coconut water electrolytes that at once quenches and firms.
- Mother Dirt’s Probiotic Cleanser: Yes, your skin has a microbiome and needs probiotics, too! This cleanser is perfect for face or body, cleaning your skin without removing its much-needed good bacteria.
- Beautycounter’s Cleansing Balm: Hydrate your skin while it cleanses, removes makeup and other impurities with this indulgent “face wash”. Bonus? You also get a 100% muslin cloth–softer and gentler on skin than a traditional washcloth.
- Goop by Juice Beauty’s Melting Cleanser: I just love this organic line (founded by Gwyneth Paltrow)! This cleanser not only removes makeup, but also acts as a moisturizer and evens skin tone.
- Kindred Skincare Blemish Cleanse: Organically made for challenging skin issues like dermatitis, acne or rosacea.
- Acure Makeup remover wipes: When I’m feeling lazy and not up for fulling washing my face, I use these clean wipes to remove my makeup.
- Miracle Face Erase Microfiber Makeup Remover Face Cloths: All you need is water and this towel removes ALL makeup!
- Blum Naturals Dry and Sensitive Skin Daily Cleansing Towelettes with Chamomile: Sometimes handy cleansing wipes come in handy, like these soothing organic towelettes.
- True Botanicals Clear Nutrient Toner: Perfect for clearing acne, congestion and balancing oily or acne-prone complexions–all without drying out your skin. (Psst–get $20 off your first order over $40 with the code JOINUS20)!
- Leahlani Skincare Citrus and Citrine Regenerating Toning Mist: Looking for an illuminating glow? This toning mist will revitalize and brighten your skin tone. Plus, each bottle has a Citrine gemstone inside that has been purified in the Hawaiian sea and sun to promote positive energy.
- Mother Dirt’s Probiotic AO Mist: A few sprits a day of this probiotic spray will leave your skin more balanced. Plus, you can use it on your underarms in place of deodorant!
- Heritage Store Rosewater + Glycerin Mist: I’m obsessed with this toner, which I spritz on my face a few times a day for a pick me up. You can also use it to add shine to your hair, soothe your skin, manage pH levels, and more.
- Little Barn Apothecary Coconut + Mint Toner: A super-charged, replenishing and nourishing overall body mist perfect for post sun, post workout or whenever you feel the need for a little refreshment.
- True Botanicals Clear Pure Radiance Oil: One of my top picks for balancing skin and getting your glow on!
- Annmarie Skincare Herbal Facial Oil for Oily Skin: If you think oils don’t work for oily skin, think again. This blend is specially formulated to balance your skin’s oils and unclog pores.
- Kindred Skincare Nightly Nourish: Use this overnight to repair and nourish–it’s especially great in the colder months when the skin needs extra moisturizing (and it’s organic, too!).
- True Botanicals Clear Cellular Repair Serum: One of the most magical serums for acne! I also mix in the Vitamin C Booster at night, which helps with discoloration and reducing acne scarring.
- Annmarie Skincare Citrus Stem Cell Serum: Lackluster skin? This Citrus Stem Cell Serum to the rescue!
- Leahlani Skincare Siren Serum: Hawaii sunshine in a bottle right here, y’all. This radiant and skin-brightening serum promotes cellular regeneration and helps heal and protect the skin from UV damage. Best suited for oily, combination, mature and acne prone skin.
- Kypris Clearing Serum: Great for acne-prone skin, this helped shrink my pores and smooth my skin.
- Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+: This helps stimulate your skin’s natural support structure, and has even been clinically proven to improve skin tone and flexibility. Great for mature and aging skin.
- Olive + M Face Oil: This was my go-to face oil for awhile. It’s nice and light while still leaving your skin with a soft glow.
- Indie Lee Blemish Stick: Banish blemishes with this fast acting spot solution that shrinks pimple size and reduces redness.
- Turmeric Vicco Paste: This anti-inflammatory cream disappears into your skin, vanishing pimples and evening skin tone like magic (and it’s super affordable)!
- True Botanicals Resurfacing Moisture Mask: A super gentle exfoliating treatment that moisturizes at the same time. Seriously, this stuff makes your skin glow! (Remember: get $20 off your first order over $40 with the code JOINUS20)!
- cocokind organic Ultra Chlorophyll Mask: This detox mask is infused with antioxidants that help purify your skin. For the price, your really can’t go wrong!
- Beautycounter No. 3 Balancing Charcoal Facial Mask: I adore this face mask; it has a 5-star average rating from 750 reviews! It’s perfect if you’re concerned with congestion and oily skin since the kaolin clay mask deep cleans and balances, absorbs excess oil and draws out impurities. Activated charcoal minimizes the appearance of pores and the salicylic acid stimulates exfoliation.
- Leahlani Kokoleka Detoxifying Facial Mask: A new addition to my beauty regimen, this smells good enough to eat and my skin has never felt cleaner!
- Acure Organics Brightening Facial Scrub: A great all around organic, cruelty-free scrub and cleanser for all skin types that’s gentle enough to use multiple times per week.
- Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser: Clarify and rejuvenate your complexion, plus fight fine lines, with this feel good cleanser–it starts off with crystal-like exfoliators and foams up as you work into your skin. So cool!
- Annmarie Skincare Kaolin Micro Exfoliant: This remineralizing green kaolin clay cleans out your pores while restoring skin’s vibrancy for that flawless glow.
- Exfoliating Mitt: I scrub my body and face with this a few times a week. It’s super gentle, makes my skin beyond smooth, and doesn’t require any expensive products.
- Goop By Juice Beauty’s Instant Facial: I am obsessed with this product and used it every other night; I just love the smooth skin (seriously, baby soft!) and smaller pores I see as a result!
- Leahlani Kalima Cleansing Powder: Activate with water and this grainy cleanser, made with silken coconut milk, soothing oatmeal, vitamin and antioxidant-rich tropical fruits, softening clays and organic vanilla beans, comes together to create the most exotic and delicious exfoliator–super gentle, too!
- Beautycounter’s Protect All Over Sunscreen SPF 30: Formulated with non-nano zinc oxide and antioxidant-rich California Poppy, this non-toxic formula is gentle and actually rubs into your skin without leaving that white, ashy residue common in natural sunscreens. Plus, it smells AMAZING (a light citrusy scent), and most importantly, it actually works!
- Beautycounter Countersun Spray: Unlike many spray sunscreens, Beautycounter‘s non-aerosol mist sprays on white to help guide application (no sunburn stripes!) and ensure you’re fully covered. It’s an effective shield from UVA, UVB & Blue Light rays, reef friendly, safe for children 6 months+ and water resistant.
- Mineral Fusion’s Gradual Self Tan Lotion: I recently tried this in Medium/Dark and was blown away by the natural results that happened after just the first use! A super natural sunkissed glow!
- Native Deodorant’s natural deodorant: I am IN LOVE with this stuff after years of searching for the perfect natural deodorant! It’s so gentle and yet it works SO well.
- Primal Pit Paste Deodorant: This was my go-to natural deodorant for awhile. It comes both in stick or jar form, depending on your preference. It works, but it can be a little harsh for delicate underarm skin.
- Agent Nateur’s (holi)stick Deodorant: I love the gentle, food-grade ingredients of this brand. Smells incredible and actually works!
- Everyday Coconut Body Wash in Lavender: Everyone products are super affordable and always made with plant extracts and scented with pure essential oils, plus are GMO-free and synthetic fragrance free (they have some great masculine scents too!).
- Alaffia Body Wash: All of Alaffia’s brand products are 100% certified fair trade, smell clean and amazing and–bonus–all sales contribute to empowerment projects to help break the cycle of poverty in Togo, Africa.
- Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap in Baby Unscented or Lavender: I use this castile soap as shampoo, body wash, in cleaning products, as laundry detergent…whatever the need, castile soap can probably be the solution. Plus it’s safe, natural and smells amazing!
- Acure Organics Calming Lavender Stem Cell Body Lotion: This lotion goes above and beyond to heal your skin–a must try for anyone with super dry skin.
- One Love Organics Gardenia + Tea Antioxidant Body Serum: This mist seals in moisture, all while being lightweight and non-greasy. So perfect for summer!
- EO Hand Soap in Coconut Lavender: This luxurious feeling yet gentle and effective line of body and skin care products is made from botanical extracts.
- Acure Organics Rose Marula Body Oil: Spray this everywhere–body, hair, face, hands–to add moisture and life. Plus, the feminine scent is divine!
- Alaffia EveryDay Shea Moisturizing Shea Butter Bubble Bath in Lemon-Lavender: Great for all skin types, this bubble bath is 100% Fair Trade Certified and actually bubbles!
- Epsoak Sleep Formula: Need to relax? This therapeutic soak will get you ready for a deep sleep, all while gently detoxing and soothing muscle pain.
- Urban Spa Boucle Bath Mitt: An awesome bath and shower mitt for exfoliating and cleansing.
- Earthpaste Activated Charcoal in Peppermint: This toothpaste contains (you guessed it) activated charcoal, which is a natural way to whiten teeth, remove stains and detox your mouth. It looks a little scary since it’s black, but rest assured it’s safe and effective! Get 10% off plus FREE shipping when you use the code ‘ROOT10’ to buy Earthpaste!
- Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Toothpaste: I love anything Dr. Bronner’s, and their certified organic toothpaste is no exception.
- TriLink Natural Bamboo Charcoal Toothbrush: This 100% organic, biodegradable and eco-friendly toothbrush has bristles infused with activated charcoal help remove plaque and bacteria easily.
- Oral Essentials Sensitive Teeth Mouthwash: A dentist formulated mouthwash that’s gentle enough for those with sensitivity, all with natural ingredients like essential oils, organic aloe vera juice, non-GMO xylitol and Dead sea salt to add extra minerals.
- Essential Oxygen Organic Brushing Rinse: Organic mouthwash that helps with bad breath, tartar, canker sores and morning mouth.
- Oral Essentials Teeth Whitening Strips: Forget Crest! These are the first ever whitening strips created from natural ingredients. Whiten your teeth at home in 30 minutes without sensitivity. You’ll see results after just one use, promise!
Natural Beauty Products: Makeup
- Beautycounter’s Tint Skin Foundation: A perfect daily moisturizer, this creamy foundation looks natural, blending effortlessly to cover your imperfections and even out skin tone.
- Vapour Atmosphere Luminous Foundation: Get a beautiful glow with this foundation that uses Light Reflective Technology to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores.
- Inika Organics Loose Mineral Foundation: If you prefer powder over liquid, this organic and 100% natural mineral foundation is for you! It also acts as a concealer and has a 25 SPF.
- Clove + Hallow Pressed Mineral Foundation: Pressed powder means less mess! This foundation delivers amazing coverage while treating your skin to antioxidants like rosemary, rice bran and sunflower extracts.
- Hynt Duet Perfecting Concealer: This non-cakey concealer is lightweight and can be used as a spot treatment or for fuller coverage to mask under eye circles, acne and age spots.
- Beautycounter’s Concealer Pen: I love this convenient pen that gives great coverage to dark circles, redness and other skin imperfections. The click-pen design and brush applicator make it easy to apply just the right amount exactly where you need it.
- RMS’ Uncover-Up Concealer: “Un” cover-up doubles as concealer and light foundation to even out your skin tone. This organic formula even self-adjusts to your skin tone if they are not an exact match due to the mineral pigments used–cool, right?
- Clove + Hallow Conceal + Correct: Cruelty-free lightweight yet buildable liquid concealer that doesn’t flake, break or cake.
- Beautycounter Dew Skin Moisturizing Coverage SPF20: This lightweight tinted moisturizer feels super hydrating and has the added benefit of protecting your face with SPF 20. It also enhances skin brightness and promotes firmer, smoother-looking skin.
- Mineral Fusion Illuminating Beauty Balm SPF 9: This moisturizer, primer and foundation in one brightens your complexion and delivers an irresistible “dewy”, iridescent sheen.
- Beautycounter’s Bronzer: I love the shimmer-free finish on this bronzer that delivers a refined, natural-looking, sun-kissed glow.
- Au Naturale Luminous Creme Bronzer Stick in Latte: I love the convenience of this creamy stick bronzer that effortlessly blends into your skin. I’ve been wearing it all summer!
- Inika Organics Baked Mineral Bronzer: This mineral powder is literally baked on a terracotta tile in Tuscany, Italy! It has a lightweight, matte finish and is ideal for sensitive skin. It’s super subtle, so best for lighter skintones.
- Inika Organics Mineral Blush Puff Pot in Rosy Glow: Get a warm glow with this eco-friendly, loose mineral powder that’s also naturally water resistant. I love the convenience and application, too!
- Vapour Aura Multi-Use Cream Blush Stick: If you’re looking for fun shades, this easy to blend blush stick comes in a variety of beautiful colors!
- Au Naturale Anywhere Creme Multistick in Grapefruit: This multipurpose stick can be used on cheekbones, lips AND eyes. Talk about economical! It reminds me of Nars Orgasm blush in its shade, perfect for summer!
- Mineral Fusion’s Sheer Moisture Lip Tint in Adorn: This is my go-to daily lip color! I used to love Clinique’s Black Honey, and this is the perfect natural alternative made of 100% pure minerals, lip-firming peptides and a refreshing Vanilla-Mint flavor to boot.
- Beautycounter’s Lip Sheer in Plum: It’s so smooth, ultra-moisturizing and delivers a polished sheen, great for everyday and nights out alike. Give a quick swipe for a natural look, layer it on to intensify the color or try it under lip gloss for a shimmery look.
- Stowaway Cosmetics Creme Lip Stick in Muted Plum: You only need one coat of this opaque color, but the color still lasts all day and is ultra hydrating.
- Crunchi’s Lip Gloss in Date Night: Get a subtle shine with this moisturizing, creamy gloss that is the opposite of sticky.
- Mineral Fusion Lipstick in Alluring: I’m impressed with the staying power of this elegant lipstick that really creates a soft, dreamy pout.
- Mineral Fusion Lipstick Butter in Blackberry: This cocoa butter based lipstick smooths onto lips with a shiny, glossy finish. Each shade is created from natural pigments found in minerals, rich with antioxidants to ensure your lips stay youthful and soft.
- Inika Organics Vegan Mascara: This just might be my favorite mascara of all time. If you’re looking for non-clumping, perfectly long lashes–that’s even safe for sensitive eyes–you’ve gotta try this one.
- 100% Pure Eyeshadow in Satin Cream: This is one of my go-to eyeshadows for a natural, soft look.
- RMS Beauty Eye Polish in Magnetic: Sheer metallic hues gives this shadow a glossy, light-reflective finish. Very flattering!
- Au Naturale Créme de la Creme Eye Shadow in Vintage: I love the pigmentation of these creamy eye shadows! Use as a stand-alone shadow, eye liner or brow filler.
- Hynt Forte High Definition Eye Liner in Brown: This creamy eyeliner boasts versatility; use it to create a more intense eye, or opt to use the smudge tip and soften the line.
- Plume Nourish & Define Brow Pomade: This pomade not only adds definition to your lovely brows, but also promotes their growth. A double win!
- Beauty Blender Sponge: A perfect non-latex brush fit for powders, creams and liquid makeup. Use the rounded end for larger blending, the tip for smaller imperfections and the flat edge around the nose and eyes.
- Alima Pure Kabuki Brush: Use this brush to blend foundation evenly on large surfaces of the face for a natural look.
- Leahlani Mask Treatment Brush: A beautiful gold, vegan and eco-friendly mask brush–especially perfect with Leahlani Kokoleka Detoxifying Facial Mask.
- Plume Eyelash Curler: Lift and curl your eyelashes with this upgraded handle design featuring a gentle rubber gripper.
Natural Beauty Products: Hair
- Beautycounter’s Volumizing Shampoo: It took me the longest time to find a natural shampoo I actually liked. Finally, this was the first one that not only smelled great but left my hair feeling clean and healthy. It actually suds up/lathers and rinses out completely!
- True Botanicals Nourishing Shampoo: A newer find that also lathers and cleans without stripping. Antioxidant-packed for all hair types, including color-treated.
- Phillip Adam Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo: ACV isn’t just good for your gut–it also balances the ph level of your scalp, keeps it healthy over time and makes your hair squeaky clean and shiny. I can’t get enough of the scent of this natural shampoo that actually lathers!
- The Seaweed Bath Co. Balancing Eucalyptus and Peppermint Argan Shampoo: Made with organic, sustainably hand-harvested Maine seaweed as base, this shampoo is a great natural detoxer while retaining moisture. It reminds me of Aveda’s classic scent.
- Mineral Fusion’s Dry Shampoo (Medium to Dark): I love how it not only sops up any excess oil, but also doesn’t leave a white, powdery residue in my dark hair, letting me go 3-5 days in between wet washes.
- Hair Dance 100% Natural & Organic Dry Shampoo Volume Powder: On days when I need some extra grease control, I use this awesome dry shampoo made with rice starch and oatmeal. It’s a bit more difficult to rub into my dark hair, but once it’s absorbed it’s like my hair has been freshly washed!
- Beautycounter Smoothing Conditioner: This smoothing formula really helps calm frizz, while detangling your strands. I love how it leaves my locks feeling hydrated, sleek and glossy!
- True Botanicals Nourishing Conditioner: This antioxidant-rich formula repairs sun damage, restores vibrancy and leaves hair soft and silky but without weighing it down.
- Phillip Adam Apple Cider Vinegar Conditioner: Apple cider vinegar naturally balances the ph level of your scalp, keeping it healthy over time and makes your hair squeaky clean and shiny. No more greasy residue left behind!
- Andalou Naturals Lavender & Biotin Full Volume: Andalou Naturals was the first beauty brand to achieve Non-GMO Project Verified status. They use a unique ‘Fruit Stem Cell Science®’ in every product, which is essentially a super antioxidant defense system that works wonders.
- Josh Rosebrook Hairspray Firm Hold: A girl’s just gotta have her hairspray, but that conventional aerosol spray has got to go. This hairspray is made from clean, non-GMO corn and keeps hair in place naturally all day, plus has organic essential oils to add shine and nourishment to the hair and scalp.
- Briogeo Rosarco Rosehip, Argan & Coconut Oil Blend: Great for frizz, split ends and restoring dry, brittle hair to a healthy, vibrant state.
- Invisibobble Original Pony Tail Holders in Brown: Forget regular hair ties. These smooth rings don’t leave that dreaded bump in your hair after it’s been pulled back, and never get tangled in knots. Plus they’re super comfortable and water repellent.
- Wet Brush Pro: The perfect gentle detangling brush for wet or dry hair, curly or straight!
There you have it–over 100 of our favorite natural beauty products! What are yours? We love discovering new brands and products that actually work, so let us know some of your favorites in the comments below!
Photo Credit: Heidi Geldhauser
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I've linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.