Holiday Gift Ideas from Health + Wellness Experts
Need some gift inspiration? We’ve asked some of our favorite health and wellness experts for their most coveted holiday gift ideas this season. Read on for inspiration and new ideas in this healthy gift guide!
Whether you’re still in need of the perfect gift for a loved one, are stumped what to ask for from Santa (or, let’s be honest, maybe you simply want to treat yo’self this holiday season) these holiday gift ideas from health and wellness experts are bound to inspire you!
Holiday Gift Ideas from Leah Vanderveldt
Leah Vanderveldt is a former food editor at the health and wellness website MindBodyGreen, where she wrote and developed whole-food recipes and edited content about nutrition, health and cultivating a positive relationship with food. These days this nutrition and natural food expert is working as a freelance food writer (a girl after my own heart!) and cookbook author of the beyond beautiful The New Nourishing: Delicious plant-based comfort food to feed body and soul.
- What you are most excited to give this holiday season? I’m most excited to give these beautiful Sudara PJs to all the women in my life. Sudara is an awesome company because they work with a women’s charity in India and provide jobs for women who have escaped from or are at risk of sex slavery. I also love all of the t-shirts and totes at Out of Print for all the book lovers in my life.
- What are you most excited to receive this holiday season? On my wishlist: an astrology birth chart reading, some natural Beaujolais Nouveau wine, an essential oil diffuser (had my eye on this one), and the book Cooking Up Trouble.
Holiday Gift Ideas from Michelle Babb
Michelle Babb is a registered dietitian and author of two of my favorite books on the anti-inflammatory diet, Anti-Inflammatory Eating Made Easy and her newest book, Anti-Inflammatory Eating for a Happy, Healthy Brain. Her books help readers fine tune their gut microbiome to reduce inflammation, which nearly every chronic disease (from heart disease and diabetes to cancer and dimentia) is associated with.
- What you are most excited to give this holiday season? The thing that I’m most excited about giving this year is the Instant Pot, which is an all-in-one pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, and yogurt maker. I absolutely love mine and use it almost every day to cook beans, quinoa, root veggies, and for slow cooked stews and soups. I’ve recommended it to several of my clients and it quickly becomes a kitchen essential that enables them to eat healthier through the week. So I can’t wait to share it with family and friends this holiday season!
- What are you most excited to receive this holiday season? The gift that I’m most excited about receiving this holiday season are spa outings with friends. I’ve asked for this instead of more “stuff.” This way I get to practice good self care with people I love and we get to relax and catch up on life in a lovely spa environment!
Holiday Gift Ideas from Stephanie Morish Rome
Stephanie Morish Rome is a natural foods chef and certified holistic nutrition consultant from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and the Nutrition Therapy Institute. Stephanie owns her own nutrition consulting business, where she helps her clients achieve greater health, vitality and balance without deprivation or extremes.
- What you are most excited to give this holiday season? I’m excited to give my husband the new Fitbit Ionic Watch.
- What are you most excited to receive this holiday season? I’m excited to (hopefully!) receive a standing desk for my home office.
Holiday Gift Ideas from Dr. Taz
A board-certified physician, Dr. Taz Bhatia is an expert in women’s health, weight-loss and nutrition and the founder of CentreSpring MD. Some of you may also recognize her from her three books (Super Woman Rx, The 21-Day Belly Fix and What Doctors Eat) or from TV–she’s frequently appeared on CNN, Good Morning America, The Today Show, Dr. Oz Show, The Doctors and LIVE with Kelly and Michael!
- What you are most excited to give this holiday season? My time – with friends and family. Next would be my favorite essential oils like Whole Foods 365 Essential Oil Line and aromatherapy diffusers – great for mental and physical health.
- What are you most excited to receive this holiday season? Anything that helps me be more efficient in the kitchen – one of my favorite places – like the Vitamix E310 (which is now on sale for just $299.95!).
Holiday Gift Ideas from Diane Sanfilippo
Diane Sanfilippo is a certified Nutrition Consultant, two-time New York Times bestselling author of Practical Paleo, The 21-Day Sugar Detox, and co-author of Mediterranean Paleo Cooking. Diane is also co-host of my all-time favorite health podcast, The Balanced Bites Podcast.
- What you are most excited to give this holiday season? My Balanced Bites Spices!
- What are you most excited to receive this holiday season? I am not a big gift person, so it’s always just quality time or travel experiences!
Holiday Gift Ideas from Laura Lea Goldberg
Laura Lea Goldberg is a certified holistic chef, founder of the recipe blog LLBalanced, and author of The Laura Lea Balanced cookbook, complete with over 120 healthy, approachable, comforting, make-ahead recipes. You might also remember her as the winner of the #RRSummerBlender Smoothie Contest I hosted earlier this year!
- What you are most excited to give this holiday season? I am definitely going to give a few pairs of the Madewell Mix & Match Bar Stud Earrings. I wear mine every day, and I get so many compliments on them—they work with just about any outfit you can think of.
- What are you most excited to receive this holiday season? Another non-food item, surprisingly! I have asked a few family members for these Holiday Nest Candles. They smell absolutely dreamy, and they’re a little luxury that I refuse to buy for myself!
Holiday Gift Ideas: Robin Asbell
Robin Asbell is a chef, culinary instructor, freelance food writer and recipe developer, and author of eight of the best healthy cookbooks on the shelves, including Great Bowls of Food (my personal favorite, as anything that’s served in a bowl somehow automatically tastes better!), The Whole Grain Promise, Gluten Free Pasta, Big Vegan and New Vegetarian.
- What you are most excited to give this holiday season? I’m giving my husband a massage package, so he can go right after work and get his hard-working muscles pummeled and soothed.
- What are you most excited to receive this holiday season? I’m spending two weeks hanging out with my Mother, and that’s the greatest gift of all.
Which of these holiday gift ideas are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments below!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for Root + Revel to provide free content and healthy living inspiration.
Photo Credit: Heidi Geldhauser
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I've linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.