Stumped what to get your friends and family this holiday season? We’ve put together a comprehensive healthy holiday gift guide chockfull of ideas for non-toxic, sustainable and green gift ideas perfect for everyone in your life: the conscientious cook, the domestic dame, the green goddess, the tree hugging techie and the blissful bookworm!
Psssst…check back for updates between now and December 12th–we’re going to be running a 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway Extravaganza with opportunities for you to win literally thousands of dollars worth of prizes for the brands listed below (including the grand finale, an organic mattress worth up to $1,499 in value!). Be sure to follow along on Instagram for announcements, or scroll through this post to see which giveaways you’d like to enter.
I know, I know. Yesterday was Halloween. Why in God’s name am I already publishing a holiday gift guide?
Well, for starters, planning ahead is one of the main ways we can all reduce stress during the holidays (here are 10 other ways to enjoy yourself this season).
Secondly, even if you’re not one to start your holiday shopping the first week of November, it never hurts to get the wheels churning and start brainstorming ideas so that when Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Mall Madness comes around, we are ready to go!
And finally, maybe you just might find something you want to treat yo’self to before the holidays, because, you know, you deserve it 😉
With that said, I know the holiday season can sometimes make us feel pressure to buy gifts for people that, quite honestly, often end up being junk–another box of cookies that don’t get eaten, a bar of soap that sits in the guest bathroom and never gets used, a gift that gets re-gifted and re-gifted and re-gifted–c’mon, you know the
ones candles I’m talking about!
But not this year!
We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite useful products and services that inspire healthy, sustainable and eco-friendly living. Worry no more about finding the perfect gift!
We’ve highlighted our favorites healthy holiday gift ideas for the conscientious cook, the domestic dame, the green goddess, the tree hugging techie and the blissful bookworm. Now let’s dive in!
**hint: see something you like? the photos are all clickable, too!**
HEALTHY HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE: THE CONSCIENTIOUS COOK
- Intelligent Blends Universal Brewer and Gourmet Coffee with Recyclable Pods: Single-serve coffee lovers, rejoice! I was so excited when I recently discovered Intelligent Blends, a pod coffee brewing system that’s not only sustainable, safe, and effective, but also surpasses the current industry standard in Fairtrade and Organic single-serve coffee options. It’s SO rare to have single-serve coffee pods be sustainably sourced or recyclable, and Intelligent Blends does BOTH! Think of all that unnecessary waste created by other single-serve brewers. Now, coffee and tea lovers can still enjoy the convenience of single-serve beverages without sacrificing their commitment to being ecologically sound.
- Bonus – Get an 8-pack sampler of their medium and dark roast coffees right now for only $1 (normally $4.99) with discount code TRYBLENDS! This makes a perfect stocking stuffer, or gifts to hand out to family and friends.
- 4th & Heart Vanilla Ghee – I love ghee! It has all of the health benefits of grass-fed butter, but without the lactose and casein. It’s also great for your metabolism and digestion. My absolute favorite brand of ghee is 4th & Heart, which is sourced from a cooperative of grass-fed farms in New Zealand and made with real food ingredients (not natural or artificial flavors). All five flavors taste AMAZING, and their ghee spray is a staple in my kitchen! They also just came out with a new line of Chocolate Ghee Spreads called ‘Chocti’ in original, passionfruit and coffee guarana, which I can’t wait to try.
- Vitamix – If there’s one kitchen appliance I use daily, it’s my Vitamix. From healthy green smoothies to hormone-balancing ghee coffee to making fun snacks like these Pumpkin Pie Ketogenic Fat Bombs, this high-powered blender is a smart investment for any cook that will last for many years to come. Buy direct here or through Amazon.
- Instant Pot – Dinner in less than 20 minutes? Where do I sign? The Instant Pot is another favorite kitchen appliance of mine, and one that would make any busy home cook jump for joy.
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet – A cast iron skillet is a must-have, timeless and non-toxic staple in any kitchen–unlike many pots and pans, cast iron doesn’t leech any harmful chemicals into our food. It’s a great indoor grill alternative, or you can use it to make this Shakshuka (Eggs in Tomato Sauce) recipe, or one of my favorite desserts – this Easy Berry Cobbler (Gluten-Free)!
- Utopia Kitchen Cast Iron Dutch Oven – This enameled cast iron Dutch oven is ideal for braising and other methods that require long cooking over low heat. Plus, it easily doubles as both stovetop cookware and a beautiful serving dish on the table.
- Cuisinart Food Processor – This appliance is another kitchen staple that no cook can go without. Use it to make delicious sauces like this 5-Minute Argentino Chimichurri or Homemade Arugula Pesto, or healthy no bake snacks like these 5 Ingredient Blueberry Energy Balls.
- SodaStream – Look, I’m a millenial. I know that La Croix is the nectar of Gods, but it also comes in BPA-laden cans and contains “natural flavors”. So instead, gift the hipsters in your life with Soda Stream’s Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit, which turns plain water into sparkling water in an instant! With SodaStream, you have the flexibility to create your own sparkling drinks by adjusting the fizziness and flavor level to your personal taste, all while reducing plastic bottle waste and saving money.
- Cuisinart Electric Tea Kettle – A great gift for tea lovers, this kettle features 6 preset heat settings for heating water to just the right temperature, and all in less than a minute. It has a 30-minute keep warm function along with cordless convenience, and it’s a big part of my personal coffee + tea arsenal.
- Heirloomed Aprons & Linens – My friend Ashley, a fellow Atlantan, makes these gorgeous, retro-style aprons that inspire made-from-scratch baking to live on! Perfect for any cooks or mother/daughter duos in your life–how cute is this Mommy + Me set?
- Thrive Market Membership – Any of you devout R+R readers know by now my love for Thrive Market! It’s a convenient way to save money on healthy household and grocery items. If you have someone in your life who complains about not being able to afford organic food, gift them a yearly membership and watch their eyes light up! See my shopping list of favorite Thrive buys here!
- Butcher Box Subscription – This monthly subscription service delivers an awesome selection of hormone and antibiotic free cuts direct to your door, including 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, free range organic chicken and heritage breed pork. And all for just $6/meal. Go ahead and surprise your favorite carnivore with a box–and maybe invite yourself over for dinner afterward! Get $10 off your order plus a free order of bacon included when you purchase here.
- CompoKeeper Food Scrap Collector – The recycling nerd in your life will love this innovative kitchen compost bin that keeps odors in and bugs out! Hands-free with interlocking bag clamps and a removable tote to take out waste without dripping, this scrap collector is a sustainable gardener’s dream.
- StasherBags – Anyone in your life pack their lunch (or their kids’) lunch every day? Then they need these durable, reusable silicone bags, the perfect eco-friendly replacement for plastic baggies. They can go in the freezer, microwave, and dishwasher. And they’re BPA-, phthalate-, and latex-free.
- Food Huggers – These reusable wraps preserve leftover avocado halves without eco-un-friendly plastic wrap, aluminum foil or any browning on the avocado flesh! They also have other varieties of food huggers for fruits and vegetables that slip on and off easily, keeping perishables fresher, longer. Made with food-grade silicone, they are BPA- and phthalate-free.
- Dry Farm Wines Subscription – Calling all wine enthusiasts! This revolutionary wine club makes for an ideal gift for the Pinot Noir lover in your life. The wines are all natural, organic and/or biodynamic, dry-farmed (read: sustainable), low-alcohol, low sulfite, sugar-free and additive-free wines! No more hangovers. At Dry Farm Wines, you can feel good about every sip. Cheers to that!
HEALTHY HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE: THE DOMESTIC DAME
- Aquasana Under Counter Drinking Water Filter & Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle – We all have that friend who carries around a different plastic water bottle everyday, horrified of tap water. And for good reason. Having clean water is a hugely important component to healthy living and overall well-being. But the waste is horrible! They need the Aquasana 3-Stage Under Counter Drinking Water Filter, available in 3 finishes – brushed nickel, chrome and oil rubbed. Aquasana uses best-in-class filtering technology to provide maximum reduction in water contaminants, while leaving beneficial minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium in the water. The filters are NSF Certified to reduce 66 common water contaminants including over 96% of chlorine and chloramines as well as over 99% of lead, asbestos, turbidity and VOCs. Add in this 25 oz Stainless Steel Insulated Bottle for a great gift that reduces plastic water bottle waste by bottling your own! Available in 4 vibrant colors, this bottle keeps cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot for hours.
- Avocado Green Mattress Pillows – What could be better than the gift of a good night sleep? Gift your sleep deprived loved ones with these organic pillows! Made in the USA from sustainably harvested materials, these non-toxic pillows are made from natural latex with a natural Kapok fill (a softer, lighter and vegan alternative to down) and wrapped in a certified organic cotton cover. They sleep cool, light and airy with a fresh, medium-plush feel. These hypoallergenic pillows also provide the support and resilience needed for all sleeping positions as they effortlessly contour to your neck and head. Plus, they never bottom-out and you can adjust the fill to meet your ideal stuffing volume, firmness and sleeping preferences. They really are the perfect pillows!
- Loom & Leaf by Saatva Mattress – Take the gift of sleep a step further and splurge on Loom & Leaf’s ultra-luxury memory foam mattress (a non-toxic alternative to iComfort and Tempur-Pedic®, but at a fraction of the price). Made in the USA from eco-friendly foam, these mattresses have a breathable, organic cotton covering and natural thistle flame retardant to keep you comfortable, cool and safe. You get to pick from two firmness levels and the mattresses all work with traditional and adjustable bases for support at all angles. Loom & Leaf even has delivery teams to set up your mattress in the room of your choice, anywhere in the contiguous United States and parts of Canada, and includes a 120-day trial and 15-year warranty to ensure you loved one loves their gift.
- Ring Video Doorbell – If your loved ones are anything like me, they find extreme peace of mind when they’re able to monitor and secure their home. Gift the worry warts in your life with next-level security and convenience with Ring’s video doorbell. Armed with motion-activated alerts, 1080HD video and two-way talk, Ring lets you watch over your home and answer the door from anywhere. Day or night, rain or shine – you’re always home!
- Modernica Ceramic Planter with Wood Stand – That friend who’s always burning overly scented candles–yeah, they need to start purifying the air with plants instead. Clean and contemporary, this planter will look refreshing in any indoor or outdoor space and makes a great gift anyone can enjoy.
- Germ Guardian Air Purifier – Kick air purification up a notch with Germ Guardian, which captures 99.97% of allergens including pet dander, dust mites and pollen. With an added antimicrobial agent to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the surface of the filter, you’ll be sure to keep your home and loved ones healthy with this device.
- Mighty Fix subscription from Mighty Nest– If you’ve been trying to convert your friends and family to a greener way of life, there’s no easier way to ease them into a natural lifestyle than with Mighty Fix, a monthly subscription service that delivers a fun, innovative products that are safer alternatives every healthy home needs like beeswax wrap (instead of plastic), stainless steel straws, and storage containers. Everything is free of harmful chemicals like BPA, lead and phthalates and made of real materials.
- NOW Ultrasonic Real Bamboo Essential Oil Diffuser – That toxic candle lover we mentioned before… they’ll also love to finally be able to make their home smell clean and fresh in a way that’s safe, natural and super effective. Enter the essential oil diffuser–plus it has great aromatherapy benefits!
- Beeswax Candles: Big Dipper Beeswax Candle in Lavender and Bluecorn Raw Beeswax Pillar Candle – If you simply must gift a candle (I know, they are the perfect gift that anyone appreciates), go with beeswax candles, which are non-toxic and emit negative ions which cleanse the air. Pick from scented or raw, which has a sweet honey aroma
- Farm Girl Flowers – Order designer-quality flowers for your special someone with this flower delivery service that not only makes the whole process super easy, but also sources from ethical farms and are the original creators of the popular burlap wrapped bouquet.
- totobay Wake Up Light – Got a snoozer in your life? Help them wake up refreshed with this LED light that gradually increases to 100% brightness, simulating the sunrise to prepare their body for waking up naturally, resulting in a more energetic morning!
- ECOVACS DEEPOT Robot Vacuum – Friends and family members with pets (read: pet hair everywhere!) and/or an aversion to cleaning (hi, that’s me!), will go gaga over this robot vacuum! Controlled via an app, this vacuum can even safely climb inclines, cross doorsills and recharge automatically – meaning you don’t have to lift a finger.
- Magnolia Wreath from Magnolia Market – Calling all Fixer Upper addicts. Channel your inner JoAnna and add classic beauty to any room or door with this hand-painted and hand-woven statement wreath.
HEALTHY HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE: THE TREE-HUGGING TECHIE
- Amazon Kindle or Audible subscription – For the bookworms and podcast lovers in your life, Amazon (who else?!) has you covered. Whether you prefer to read books or listen to them, these convenient options from Amazon make a great gift that encourage us to take the time to slow down, nourish our brains and learn about our health, body and the planet (see book recommendations below!).
- Help your loved ones save on utilities with the Amazon Firestick – watch Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and more from your TV! Couple your gift with Mohu ReLeaf Indoor TV Antenna, which not only has excellent reception to watch free TV, but it’s literally made from 100% recycled cable set-top boxes to minimize our environmental impact, waste less energy and save money.
- Ultimate Ears Portable Bluetooth Speaker – This waterproof, wireless speaker is great for anyone who loves hanging outdoors and boosting their mood while soaking up some sunshine.
- Automatic – Someone you know spend their life commuting? They need this adapter–it plugs into just about any car to unlock the data hidden in your car’s onboard computer. The free mobile app diagnoses engine problems, displays trip logs and mileage, and even calls for help in a crash. Use it to save money on gas, cut down on vehicle emissions and put less wear and tear on your car.
- Fitbit Blaze – January isn’t far away, and anyone resolving to get in shape will love this smart fitness watch for mapping their running routes, tracking states like steps, heart rate, distance, calories burned, floors climbed, and active minutes. You can ever start a FitStar workout with step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly. Who knew a watch could do all that?
- Ullo Wine Purifier – The perfect complement to the Dry Farm Wine subscription you’re gifting the Chardonnay fiend is this wine purifier, which purifies any wine by removing sulfites and sediment, so you can enjoy your wine without the negative side effects.
- Anker Solar Panel Charger – Campers rejoice! When you’re out enjoying the great outdoors, use this off-the-grid technology to keep your devices charged with free, limitless power.
- Energy Star-Qualified TV like this Panasonic TC-L42D30 42-inch TV – The Netflix binger in your life will revel in Energy Star-qualified TVs, which are, on average, over 40 percent more energy efficient than standard TVs. Using less energy without sacrificing stylish design and good HD image quality means that you won’t feel bad about watching the entire “This Is Us” series in one sitting.
- Logitech Wireless Marathon Mouse – Know someone who works ona computer all day? They need this mouse. Wireless computer mice are great, but their dead batteries take a toll on the Earth. This mouse uses less than half the power of comparable wireless mice, making it a better eco-friendly option (it runs up to 3 years!).
- Philips L Prize LED Bulbs – Help your loved ones save the Earth with these light bulbs. If every 60-watt incandescent bulb in the United States was replaced by one of Philips’ L Prize bulbs, the country would save about 35 terawatt hours of electricity (about $3.9 billion in one year), and would avoid 20 million metric tons of carbon emissions. One bulb provides 30,000 hours of LED light, which totals about 20 years of light if used for four hours each day).
- Hydrao First – Know someone who loves to take long, hot showers? Gift them this shower head, a smart solution powered by the shower’s natural water-flow that lights up the water spray with different colors depending on the amount of water used. Instantly control your water consumption and the energy needed to heat it to effectively reduce your water usage and save money!
- ecobee3 – Did you know that your thermostat controls half your energy bill? The ecobee3 Smart Thermostat will keep your home cool and your energy use low. I got this for Christmas last year and I love it! It understands when to turn on your heating or cooling equipment based on thousands of data points and saves homeowners an average of 23%* annually, paying for itself in energy savings!
- Rachio Smart Sprinkler Control – Who in your life has a great yard? They’ll love this wi-fi enabled device, which will help them reduce their water bill. Plus, they can control their sprinklers through the app, enjoy customizable and automated schedules based on their unique yard’s needs, and even enjoy auto-skips when rain is predicted.
- Philips Hue White Ambiance Smart Bulb Starter Kit– Mood lighting, anyone? This Energy-Star certified kit comes with bulbs where you can select 50,000 different shades of white light to match your mood or activity, from daylight to a warm glow. Set timers to keep your home safe when you’re away, or when you just need your hands free, the motion sensor will turn the lights on/off as you walk by.
- Sense Home Energy Monitor – Excel nerds will go nuts for this monitor–real time remote monitoring of your energy use and home activity can help you reduce your utility bill by measuring power consumption in dollars and cents to see exactly how much particular devices are costing you.
- Apple iPhone 8 – because who doesn’t love having a new iPhone? Manage all your energy-saving, fitness tracking, home securityand money-saving apps from the convenience of your iPhone! I just got the iPhone 8 and I have to tell you, the camera is INCREDIBLE!
- Bose Bluetooth Wireless Headphones – The runners and gym rats in your life will love these headphones–the exclusive Stay Hear+ tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts. Plus, these buds are sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising with 6 hours of battery life!
- Away Carry-On – There’s perhaps no better way to nourish your soul than by going somewhere new. Gift your favorite travel bug with the perfect carry-on suitcase–thoughtfully designed with unbreakable shells, handy interior compartments, and built-in USB chargers.
HEALTHY HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE: THE GREEN GODDESS
- Subscription to Good Being or LOVE GOODLY – these monthly natural beauty boxes are a fun way to try natural, nontoxic products and discover new favorites, delivered right to your door!
- Marine Layer – I swoon for all of their super soft clothes, and right now I’m eyeing this Bomber Jacket and Tulip Back White Shirt.
- Fabletics leggings – the most comfortable, slimming AND affordable leggings on the planet!
- Olive + M Facial Oil – Product junkies will end their addiction once they try this facial oil. Made from natural plant-based oils, this formula leaves your skin hydrated and glowing, but never greasy (you can also try making your own face oil as a personalized gift!)
- Yoga Download Membership – I have a few friends that really want to get into yoga, but are intimidated about going to a studio. So this year, I’m gifting them this online subscription. For just a tiny monthly fee of $18, you can gift unlimited access to 100+ online yoga classes with unlimited streaming and free downloads to keep forever for every level of yogi.
- Erin Stutland Shrink Sessions – If yoga isn’t high-energy enough for your loved ones, give them access to Shink Sessions–it’s my go-to for uplifting workouts (Erin combines movement with mantras) and in just 5 minutes a day, it will put a smile on anyone’s face!
- 23andme Ancestry Test – gift a loved one the knowledge of their ancestry and health genetics with a DNA test.
- IME Natural Perfume – my favorite natural perfume (and I’ve tried a lot!) is perfect for anyone who loves smelling great, but wants to avoid toxic fragrance.
- Urban Spa Exfoliating Glove – Minimalists will love never having to buy another exfoliator again! They can use this glove in the shower for silky smooth skin, and it’s machine washable so you can use it again and again!
- Microfiber Miracle Makeup Remover Cloth – For your friend who always falls asleep with her makeup on, give her this super soft, dermatologist approved cloth – just add water to remove makeup and skip the harsh chemicals and hassle of washing your face.
- Beautycounter Makeup – Beautycounter is one of the cleanest beauty brands on the market! They are truly committed to a high health and safety standard and make absolutely beautiful and effective products WITHOUT 1,500 questionable or harmful chemicals that are found in most conventional, store-bought products. Some of my favorites are their foundation, concealer, bronzer, sunscreen, and skincare sets, though this Winter Jewels Holiday Eyeshadow Palette makes for a pretty perfect gift.
- Acure Organics Skincare Set – Gift all the ingredients for an organic, cruelty-free mini spa experience with this Full Size Facial Scrub, Facial Cleansing Gel, Day Cream and Coconut and Argan Oil Towelettes, and add a mini travel set here that includes shampoo and conditioner. Acure makes the BEST organic face washes ever!
- Earthpaste – For your friend who’s still brushing with Crest (can you say toxic AF?), help her out with this natural toothpaste–it’s made with only water, Redmond Clay, Real Salt, xylitol, and essential oils; no chemicals or unnatural additives, like glycerin, fluoride, foaming agents or artificial coloring. They’ll see the difference after their first brush!
- Waterpik Water Flosser – If your friends are anything like me, they always forget to floss. But with this countertop waterpik, remembering is easy! For healthier gums and brighter teeth (American Dental Association approved!)
- Grab Green Natural Cleaning Kit – For your friends who are always staying at Airbnb’s, they’ll love this non-toxic travel cleaning kit: contains dishwashing detergent pods, dish soap, laundry detergent and a Reusable TSA travel bag, all made with naturally-derived ingredients. Phosphate-free, chlorine-free and dye-free.
HEALTHY holiday GIFT GUIDE: THE BLISSFUL BOOKWORM
HEALTH & DIET
- Skin Cleanse: The Simple, All-Natural Program for Clear, Calm, Happy Skin by Adina Grigore, skincare expert and founder of the thriving organic skincare line SW Basics. This is a comprehensive yet simple guide for anyone looking to switch to an all-natural skincare regime.
- The Hormone Cure: Reclaim Balance, Sleep, Sex Drive and Vitality Naturally with the Gottfried Protocol by Dr. Sara Gottfried is a groundbreaking book that demonstrates how balancing your hormones can cure underlying health issues and result in restored sleep, greater energy, improved mood, easy weight loss, increased productivity, and many more benefits. Perfect for anyone with PCOS, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Thyroid issues and other hormonal imbalances.
- A Mind of Your Own: The Truth About Depression and How Women Can Heal Their Bodies to Reclaim Their Lives by Dr. Kelly Brogan offers an achievable, step-by-step 30-day action plan – including powerful dietary interventions, targeted nutrient support, detoxification, sleep, and stress reframing techniques – women can use to heal their bodies, alleviate inflammation, and feel like themselves again without a single prescription. Perfect for anyone who struggles with anxiety or depression.
- Clean Cuisine: An 8-Week Anti-Inflammatory Diet that Will Change the Way You Age, Look & Feel by Ivy & Andrew Larson is scientifically proven to reverse diabetes, improve cholesterol and blood pressure, and ease the symptoms of other inflammatory diseases such as multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, asthma, allergies, and arthritis. This book CHANGED MY LIFE!
- WomanCode: Perfect Your Cycle, Amplify Your Fertility, Supercharge Your Sex Drive, and Become a Power Source by Alisa Vitti will teach you how to connect the dots between your symptoms, your biochemistry, and food so your whole body – and your whole life! – can thrive. Another great option for any women who struggle with hormonal imbalances, irregular cycles, infertility, etc.
- The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution: A Proven 4-Week Program to Rescue Your Metabolism, Hormones, Mind & Mood by Dr. Aviva Romm delivers a proven 28-day program to heal overwhelmed, overloaded systems and prevent and reverse the myriad of symptoms affecting the vast majority of women today like weight gain, fatigue, brain fog, hormonal imbalances, and autoimmune conditions. Perfect for anyone with thyroid disorders or hormonal imbalances.
- It Starts with Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways by Melissa & Dallas Hartwig of the famed Whole30® program, a powerful 30-day nutritional reset that has led tens of thousands of people to weight loss, enhanced quality of life, and a healthier relationship with food -accompanied by elimination of a variety of symptoms, diseases, and conditions in just 30 days. This book is the science behind Whole 30 and super important for anyone considering the program to read. The more you understand, the easier it is to stick to the plan.
- Superfood Green Smoothies e-recipe book, by yours truly! With 30 delicious + easy smoothie recipes, this eBook is your complete guide to green smoothies, from what equipment and ingredients you’ll need to my best tips and tricks for making the most delicious, nourishing smoothies ever! #shamelessplug
PERSONAL GROWTH, MINDFULNESS & SELF IMPROVEMENT
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson – a raw, refreshing, superstar blogger – cuts through the crap to show us how to stop trying to be positive all the time so that we can truly become better, happier people. The perfect self-help book for people who hate self-help books.
- Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner, HGTV.com star, follows her journey of turning away from fast, fame and frenzy, blazing a trail toward a new-fashioned lifestyle – one that will refresh your perspective, renew your priorities, and shift your focus to the journey that matters most. For all the stressed out women in your life (pretty sure that’s everyone, right?)
- Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist is a collection of essays that focuses on the journey from frantic and tired to connected and free, inspiring readers to discover their own paths to this more fulfilling way to do life. Another gem for anyone who answers “busy” when you ask how they’re doing.
- Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives by Gretchen Rubin presents a practical, concrete framework to understanding your habits and changing them for good, infused with compelling voice, rigorous research, easy humor and vivid stories of lives transformed. Perfect for anyone looking to make a change in their life.
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Bréne Brown – a leading expert on shame, authenticity, and belonging – will engage your mind, heart and spirit as she shares 10 guideposts on the power of Wholehearted Living – a way of engaging with the world from a place of worthiness. A must-read for any perfectionist.
- Dog Training Revolution: The Complete Guide to Training the Perfect Pet with Love by Zak George – celebrity dog trainer, YouTube sensation, and Animal Planet star – presents a next-generation guide that uses his infectiously energetic style to teach dog-lovers everything they need to know about raising and training their unique pup. Perfect for any dog owners–I just read this book after getting our new puppy, Finch, in September, and I love Zak’s approach.
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine: A Novel by Gail Honeyman is the story of an out-of-the-ordinary heroine whose deadpan weirdness and unconscious wit make for an irresistible journey that is smart, warm and uplifting. Easily the best book I’ve read this year.
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty is a thought-provoking novel exploring the reality of parenting and playground politics, marriage and fractured families. Perfect for anyone who loved the HBO Series.
- Sweetbitter: A Novel by Stephanie Danler is a lush, coming-of-age novel set in a restaurant kitchen. Perfect for foodies! This was my favorite book of 2016.
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty is a gripping novel that will make you wonder how well you really know anyone. This is the first book of Moriarty’s that I read and it’s still my favorite of all!
We hope you find this guide useful for all of your holiday shopping! Let us know in the comments below which of these gifts you’re most excited about getting for your special someones! Any other favorites we need to know about it?
And if that wasn’t enough gift inspiration for you, don’t miss our gift guides from previous years.
Disclaimer: Thank you to our sponsors: Aquasana, Avocado Green Mattress, Loom & Leaf by Saatva, Intelligent Blends, 4th & Heart.
This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for Root + Revel to provide free content and healthy living inspiration.