If you're looking for the best natural beauty products, we've rounded up five of our favorites this month–they're all safe, natural, non-toxic + effective!
For those of you who follow me on Instagram (I'm @RootandRevel), you might have seen me unpacking a few natural beauty subscription boxes recently. I'm a member of Love Goodly and Petit Vour, two companies who send large (sometimes full-size) samples of safe, natural, non-toxic beauty products to subscribers.
I love these services as it's a great way to try out new products for a small fee, and find new brands that I might otherwise not have heard of.
Here's the quick rundown for each natural beauty subscription box:
- With the LOVE GOODLY box, every other month customers receive 5-7 cruelty-free, natural, vegan products, including a mix of full-size products and deluxe samples of non-toxic beauty and skincare, healthy snacks, wellness products and eco accessories. Each box is only $29.95 (it's bi-monthly and an $85+ value). They also have an online shop, and every purchase always supports one of their cause partners, Farm Sanctuary and FCancer.
- With the Petit Vour box, customers receive 4 personalized beauty products–the samples are generously sized (and sometimes full-sized!), with enough product for you to figure out if it’s right for you. Each box is just $15 (it's monthly and a $35+ value), and they also have an online shop where you can buy your favorite products.
After about nine months of subscribing to these natural beauty boxes (and testing out a few of my own finds), I've discovered some of my favorite natural skincare products that I turn to again and again, and have even gone on to buy the full-size when I've run out.
Here are my favorite natural beauty products:
- Little Barn Apothecary Charcoal + Aloe Cleanser ($22): To say that I'm obsessed with this brand is the understatement of the century. Not only are they based out of Georgia (#shoplocal–they just opened their first flagship store in Atlanta's Westside Provisions District!), but all of their products are safe, natural, formulated with simple, organic ingredients, and the packaging is so cute! I love indie skincare lines like this–small, honest brands who put the wellbeing of their customers and the planet first–and best of all, they're very reasonably priced. This cleanser is just $22, and since you only need to use 1-2 pumps, it lasts FOREVER! The activated bamboo charcoal in this cleanser draws out skin pollutants and helps to heal and prevent breakouts, while aloe gently hydrates to prevent over drying. It's blended with antibacterial cajeput and basil essential oils (which give it a really nice licorice-y scent) to help eliminate bacteria on the skin surface and deep within pores. Love it!
- Beautycounter Cleansing Balm (normally $80; currently ON SALE for $55): Natural beauty enthusiasts always rave about removing makeup with coconut oil, but I honestly find it to be a little too messy, especially when the weather is warm and the oil becomes more liquidy. But when I received a sample of this cleansing balm, I found the perfect alternative. This Cleansing Balm melts into your skin (read: hydrating cleansing!) while it removes makeup without stripping away moisture. It smells incredible thanks to vitamin C (which also brightens the skin) and raspberry and cranberry seed oils, which hydrate, too. It's pretty pricey, but I've been using my 1.5 oz sample for going on 9 months now and it's still about 3/4 full. If you haven't heard of Beautycounter before, I highly recommend reading their story and mission–this is one brand who is truly changing the face of the beauty industry and using only safe ingredients! Their products are EWG Verified for safety and they're even partnering with Target to bring safe beauty to the masses. There's a new version of this cleansing balm being sold at Target for just $30!!! Rated a 2 by the EWG.
- Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ ($27.77): I actually discovered this oil on a media retreat in May, and I've since used it every single day since then. With a luxe base of rosehip oil, which is incredibly healing and a dream for sensitive skin, this face oil provides intense hydration plus daily antioxidant protection with nourishing essential fatty acids and super antioxidants, lycopene and phytosterol. So not only is it the best store-bought moisturizer I've tried to date, it also protects against environmental free radical damage, brightens skin tone, reduces fine lines and wrinkles and boosts elasticity and firmness. All with just 6 safe and natural ingredients. YES! Rated a 1 by the EWG.
- Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser ($32.95): Oh my god, I am IN LOVE with this exfoliator! This product is amazing–it starts out as your typical granular exfoliator, but as you massage it into your skin, it starts to foam up (WHAT?!?) and winds up working into a soothing lather. I'm in awe as to how it works every time, especially considering it's a safe and natural cleanser. Plus, even though it's delicate enough for sensitive skin, it purifies pores, reducing toxic build-up, dirt, whiteheads and blackheads and it just leaves my skin feeling so smooth and clean. You gotta try it!
- Poetic Blend Hero Oil ($49.99): I've been using this facial oil for the past couple months and I have to say, it's one of the few products I've tried where you can immediately notice a difference. The first time I used it, I applied it to clean skin before bed and I swear when I woke up the next morning, my skin was brighter, clearer and more alive! It's incredibly lightweight contains a soothing and calming blend of botanical oils that heal and repair damaged skin. It's got a really nice herbal scent and the vegan/cruelty-free product contains nothing but natural oils, so you don't have to worry about any unwanted toxins or chemicals. You can try the 5 mL sample size for just $10, too, which is a great way to see if you like it without having to shell out $50 bucks.
What is your favorite natural beauty product right now? Share in the comments below!