The Best Natural Face Masks in Green Beauty
Looking for the best natural face masks you can buy? Whether you want to clear your pores and exfoliate, increase hydration of dry skin, or simply want to brighten and have glowing skin, we’ve got your skincare needs covered with these high performing products! (All skin types welcome: acne, combination, oily, dry, and sensitive!)
Looking for a skincare face mask that’s perfect for you?
You’ve come to the right place!
Whether you love face masks to keep your skin blemish-free, or you want to bring your natural glow up a notch, or if you simply enjoy them as part of your self-care ritual, we can all agree that face masks are a fun way to give your skin some much-needed TLC.
In today’s post, we’re sharing the best face masks in green beauty! These are my personal tried-and-true favorites that I go back to again and again.
These toxin-free beauty products are some of the cleanest on the market, so you can relax knowing that you’re not exposing yourself to harmful chemicals while trying to nourish your skin.
Whether you want to exfoliate and detox, resurface, moisturize and hydrate, visibly plump, or brighten for an even more radiant glow–we have products listed for all skin types! Let’s take a look.
THE BEST FACE MASKS FOR DETOXING, PURIFYING + EXFOLIATING
- Beautycounter Counter+ Charcoal Facial Mask: what I reach for when my skin is congested and broken out. This dark and haunting beauty deep-cleans and balances, absorbing excess oil and drawing out impurities thanks to activated charcoal, which also minimizes the appearance of pores, giving skin a smooth, refined appearance, and salicylic acid, which stimulates exfoliation. Works EVERY TIME!
- True Botanicals Pacific Glacial Clay Detoxifying Mask: this is the most hydrating clay mask I’ve ever used! It purifies your pores of dirt, pollutants, and other impurities without stripping skin, meaning it restores (not removes) essential moisture. The result? Skin that’s instantly clearer, softer, and glowier! (Get 15% off your first order with the code Root15)!
- Leahlani Honey Love Exfoliator: this is in regular rotation. I use it as a mask for 10-15 minutes, and my skin is so soft, clear and even afterward thanks to a potent blend of superfood maqui berry, tonifying hibiscus, anti-inflammatory noni fruit, stimulating clays, sweet Hawaiian nectars and microdermabrasion crystals.
- Leahlani Kokoleka Detoxifying Facial Mask: A new addition to my beauty regimen, this smells good enough to eat and my skin has never felt cleaner!
THE BEST FACE TREATMENTS FOR MOISTURIZING + HYDRATING
- True Botanicals Moisture Lock Overnight Mask: my latest obsession. Seriously, I cannot get over how much I adore this stuff! I’ve been using it almost every night for months and my skin has drastically improved both in hydration, softness and virtually no acne. I just can’t get over how silky smooth this moisturizer (it’s really not a mask despite its name!) makes my skin. (Remember: get 15% off your first order with the code Root15)!
- Beautycounter Cleansing Balm: This is my all-time favorite beauty hero! There’s a reason it’s nicknamed ‘magic in a jar’. It hydrates your skin while it cleanses, removes makeup and other impurities, you can leave it on overnight as a moisturizing mask, and so much more (great for sensitive skin or skin challenges like rosacea and eczema)! It’s even been shown in independent studies that ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of women showed a signification increase in skin hydration after eight hours–convinced yet?
THE BEST NON-TOXIC FACE MASKS FOR RESURFACING
- Maya Chia The Refresh Mint Mask: I recommend this mask for silky smoothness. This vibrant blue exfoliating mask comes alive courtesy of four types of acids that work together to brighten and resurface the skin and I love the tingly feeling I get when I put it on!
- True Botanicals Resurfacing Moisture Mask: lactic acid-based resurfacing mask moisturizes as it exfoliates, revealing smoother, glowing skin in just 5 minutes. A perfect skin illuminator! (Remember: get 15% off your first order with the code Root15)!
THE BEST BEAUTY MASKS FOR BRIGHTENING + DISCOLORATION
- Laurel Brighten Mask: what I reach for when discoloration is really bad, like right after a pimple goes away and I’m left with a red mark in its place. It’s bursting with Vitamin C and all of its vital cofactors to lighten discoloration with its delicate raw fruit acids. Its phytonutrient density works to repair discoloration damage on a deeper level, while it strengthens and firms connective tissue.
- Laurel Skincare Honey Berry Enzyme Mask: I also love this cult classic, the beauty of which lies in its simplicity. With only 5 superfood ingredients, this nourishing treatment acts as a brightening enzymatic exfoliator, a hydrator that visibly plumps and firms the skin, and an antioxidant-rich feast for an overall healthy glow. Seriously good enough to eat!
THE BEST FACE MASKS FOR OVERALL ANTI-AGING + RENEWING
- Leahlani Mermaid Mask: this mask is an intoxicating shade of emerald green goodness that nourishes, clarifies, purifies, softens and renews your complexion thanks to nutrient-dense Hawaiian spirulina and raw honey, premium chlorella and circulation-boosting essential oils that will feed each cell, resulting in the ultimate glow.
- Laurel Skincare Restore Nightly Balm: OMG I totally get why this balm is such a cult favorite. This nightly balm has the most beautiful orange hue thanks to potent, raw, unrefined botanicals, it melts into my skin, deeply repairing cellular free radical damage and restoring vibrancy. It’s one of the most advanced anti-aging products I’ve ever used and because it’s so phytonutrient dense, I wake up with buttery-soft glowing skin. Tip: you can apply a heavier layer of this at night and use it as a mask. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and rinse.
Prefer to make your own products? Check out our list of 10 DIY Beauty Recipes!
Over to you! What are your favorite natural face masks? Let us know in the comments below!
Photo Credit: Heidi Geldhauser
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I've linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.