Calling all natural mamas! Want to create the best baby registry ever? Babylist is my favorite universal baby registry where you can add any product from anywhere in the world (perfect for non-toxic, eco-friendly baby gear!). Now you don’t have to register at dozens of different stores like Target, BuyBuyBaby, and Amazon. Babylist does it all!
This post is sponsored by Babylist. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for Root + Revel to provide free content and healthy living inspiration.
When I first found out I was pregnant, I felt nothing but shock.
For starters, it happened on the first try, which I never expected, especially since I have PCOS.
After the shock wore off, I had a few minutes of pure joy, followed immediately by A LOT of overwhelm.
Would I be good a mom? Were we really ready to have a baby? What if I miscarried? What if something was wrong with the baby? Could I really go 9 months without booze and sushi? How would I baby proof our new house? Would the kitties and puppy get along with the baby? Would it be a boy or a girl? How would I tell people? When would I tell people? When should I go to the doctor? When should I start taking prenatal vitamins? How would this affect my business? Is there even such a thing as self-employed maternity leave?
You get the idea… I had a million thoughts racing through my brain and answers to not a single one of them.
I started by calling my doctor and making a “confirmation of pregnancy appointment” for the following week (the longest 7 days of my life!).
And then I bought a book at the referral of my pregnant friend.
I laid down, took many deep breaths, and reminded myself that women have been giving birth since the LITERAL BEGINNING OF TIME and I could do this, too.
The next 6 weeks were a blur of fatigue, dizziness, excitement, anticipation, mac and cheese, and naps. I really tried to take things one step at a time, and didn’t even look at a single crib, stroller or onesie.
But then around week 12, we found out we were having a boy. And I instantly felt a connection with the little seedling growing inside of me.
A boy, wow!! Would he be like Matt? Or maybe like my brother, or my dad? Would he like me? Would I finally start caring about sports? Would I finally have to see Star Wars? Would I know what to do with a boy?
I figured I could start with what I know: clothes. So I sat down and perused a few baby websites looking at cute outfits and before I knew it, 6 hours had passed and I had what was the semblance of a baby registry.
The internet black hole strikes again!
What started as trying to find a cute footie pajama set for my baby boy quickly turned into a weeklong mission of researching and shopping for the best baby products on the market.
And when I say best, I don’t mean the most expensive, or even the most popular.
Best to me means the safest, healthiest, least toxic, most natural, most effective and (let’s face it) cutest baby products.
My search quickly led me to Babylist, the best baby registry tool, and the rest is history.
How to Create The Best Baby Registry
Remember that overwhelm I felt when I first found out I was pregnant? If you’re a mama, or mama-to-be, you’re likely familiar with the panic that sets in when billions of questions start racing through your mind.
Yeah, well all that was squashed once I found Babylist, a universal registry that makes journey to parenthood easier and less overwhelming by allowing you to register for everything you need from any store or website anywhere in the world. Seriously.
You can even register for things money can’t buy like home-cooked meals or babysitting help.
I highly recommend starting a baby registry with Babylist and downloading the browser button extension–it works just like Pinterest–that allows you to add any product from anywhere to your list.
Why do I like Babylist? I go through all of their amazingly helpful features in detail in the video above, but here’s a quick hit list:
- Easy to Use: The ability to add anything from any store (big or small) on your baby registry is the #1 reason I love Babylist.
- Support sustainable, eco-friendly brands: You can add natural, non-toxic items you won’t find in big box stores to your Babylist, including Etsy, a local boutique, or your fave indie designer. See the list below for my favorite non-toxic baby products.
- Add meaningful gifts: Want to register for something not sold in a store? Add tasks like babysitting or cash funds for diapers to your registry with just a click.
- Add or link to your existing registries: Already created a registry somewhere else? NBD. You can easily combine them with your Babylist and keep all your items in the same place. One link on shower invites and an easy-to-remember URL. Yes please!
- Price change alerts: Babylist sends email alerts when there are price changes or availability updates on your baby registry.
- Thank You List: After you’ve received all your gifts, you can use this handy feature to download an Excel spreadsheet complete with who bought what, making thank you notes a breeze!
- 10% registry discount: Babylist offers a one-time 10% discount for the remaining items on a Babylist registry that can be used on the products sold in the Babylist store (you’ll also get free shipping on orders over $45 shipped by Babylist).
- Personalized registry checklist: Not sure where to begin? Take a lifestyle quiz to get a personalized baby registry checklist and/or check out their Best Of guides and Sample Registries to help you make informed choices and find inspiration for products you didn’t even know existed.
FREE Hello Baby Box
If all of that wasn’t enough reason to use Babylist, then this free Hello Baby Box is sure to seal the deal.
Babylist offers a free Hello Baby Box to new, active and valid registry users who created registry on or after December 26, 2017.
What’s the Hello Baby Box? It’s a free swag bag chock full of goodies (many of which are organic and/or non-toxic), contents change monthly so there’s always something fresh.
The Hello Baby Box is available at limited quantity, while supplies last and it’s for US residents only, restrictions apply.
Start your Babylist registry today to be eligible for a Free Hello Baby Box.
Non-Toxic Baby Registry Checklist
I know, I sound like a spokesperson for Babylist (and I am), but only because I truly use and love their registry service and find tons of value from their offerings. I know you will, too.
Need some inspiration to get your registry started? Click here to see my sample registry, or scroll below for some of my favorite green baby products perfect for natural mamas.
Psst… Want a more comprehensive non-toxic baby registry checklist? Head over to this guide on natural baby products to get everything you need to create the best baby registry ever!
- Bumbleride Indie Stroller
- UPPAbaby VISTA Stroller + MESA Infant Car Seat
- LILLEbaby’s Organic Carrier
- Snuggle Me Organic lounger
- Hanna Andersson Organic Baby Clothes
- aden + anais Organic Swaddles, Blankets, Bibs, and Loveys
- i play. Baby Brush & Comb, Organic Muslin Baby Bath Swaddle & Washcloth Set
- Nook Organic Niche Nursing Pillow
- Comotomo BPA-Free Silicone Bottles
- Non-Toxic Baby Bath: Baby Mantra, Earth Mama + Pleni Naturals
- Babyletto Scoot 3-in-1 Convertible Crib + Kiwi Glider & Electronic Recliner
- Naturepedic Organic Crib Mattress and Changing Pad
- Eco-Friendly Toys: Lovevery Play Gym, Bannor Toys + Bioserie Green
There you have it! Now, click here to start your natural baby registry today and qualify for your Free Hello Baby Box!
Photo Credit: Heidi Geldhauser
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.